Thursday, October 6, 2011

Getting Started

For quite a few years now .. I’ve had this compelling urge to write.  It started out as a small tickle that could easily be brushed off, then it became more of a gentle tugging that I could put on a back burner and justify my reluctance with the busyness of raising a houseful of kids, homeschooling, working at my home-based transcription service, and serving in my church and community.   As the years flew by that gentle tugging gradually became more of a tug-of-war between me and what I’ve always recognized as the “still, small voice” of the Holy Spirit.  Then last weekend He brought out the “big guns” … my baby sister, ‘Lena.  Down from Seattle for our Sisters’ Retreat, she stayed over a couple of days with me and, as we sat at the kitchen table sharing our hearts, I told her about this inner battle I had been waging for years.   Within the hour she had this blog set up, had made a weekly schedule for my life to include writing and Bible study, and had her bags packed, waiting at the door for her trip home. 
Is that you, Mary Poppins?
So here I am … trying to find my way around this new (to me) world of blogging. 
I’ve named this blog “Purpose and Joy” because that is the theme or style of my life coaching approach.  Bottom line … no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in … good, bad, or somewhere in between … we each have a God-given purpose to fulfill and, in doing that, our lives can be filled with pure joy.   (There is a difference between joy and happiness .. but we’ll save that for a later discussion.)  We'll see how this all unfolds in the next week or two.  Please be patient with me as I learn how to navigate my way through settings, designs, templates and the like.  But together we'll discover how to live our lives with purpose and joy!  
                                 
Hugs and blessings,  
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment