Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A SEASON OF THANKSGIVING

This is my favorite time of year. The big yellow school buses are back on the road, scarecrows & pumpkins sitting atop bales of hay adorn porches, and in the stores, there’s an odd mix of fierce looking black spiders, smiling pilgrims and somewhat frightened looking turkeys, and jolly old St. Nick sitting amidst cobwebs, cornucopias and Christmas wrapping paper.
                            I just love it!!
There’s a hint of Fall in the air …
A few dry leaves scamper playfully across the drive in response to a sudden wind burst…
After a summer of wearing flip-flops, I’m enjoying my new fuzzy socks.…
And here I sit by an open window with a mug of Hazelnut coffee, looking out at the early evening stars,  comforted by the lingering smell of my mother’s bath powder as I sit wrapped in her soft robe remembering this time last year …
Things will be very different this year without her -- but yes …
                          I still love it!
Halloween is behind us (especially those “fun size” Snickers we “shared” with the kids) and now I can focus on my list of what I am  thankful for this year.  Have you started your list?  It can be as detailed or as general as you want … but make your list.  Put it in a place where you’ll see it every day ..              
     add to it .. and watch it grow!
Maybe this will help you get started …
Who helped you through a difficult time this year?
Who or what brought joy into your life?
What wonderful new memory do you have?
What do you have that you could never put a price on?
How have you been able to bless others?
As you review the past year, in what areas have you grown?
As I contemplate my own answers to these questions, I can see that, even though this year has had some dark days, I still have so MUCH to be thankful for!
What’s on YOUR list?
                             Hugs and blessings,
                          Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment