Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Take the Superbowl Challenge

 
 
Superbowl Sunday .. February 3, 2013.  

Superbowl fans look forward to this day all year long.  The game.  The parties.  The food.   
 
The commercials.

I have to admit that I'm not a football fan so all the hype and hoopla surrounding the Superbowl are pretty much lost on me.  But having faced some difficult situations in recent days, I found myself in need of a trip to the locker room for a pep talk.  Sometimes we need the Coach to remind us of what He knows we can do.  We have the training, the skills .. the equipment .. everything we need to get out there and defeat the challenger.
We are the home team!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Even when we find ourselves at the bottom of the
heap -- or fumble and drop the ball at some point -- we're reminded that the victory is ours. "How we thank God for all of this for it is He who makes us victorious through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (I Corinthians 15:57 NLT)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don't intend to let the enemy steal what I already have in my posession.
 
Peace
Purpose
Joy
 
 
 
 
 
I'm going to put my head down and keep on running.  I want the prize.  I want that Superbowl ring and, yes,  I want to go to Disneyland!
 
So ... I've got my armor on ... my helmet securely fastened . and my game face on.  Will you take the Superbowl Challenge?  I'm ready to take back everything the challenger has tried to take away from me and run all the way to victory.  Let's get out there and do this! I'm looking forward to doing my Victory Dance!  How about you?
 
I may not be a football fan, but I'll always be a fan of my grandson, Koltyn Morel, #23 on the Inola High School Varsity team. 





No comments:

Post a Comment